The AXP Pelletizer cuts plastics, not performance.
AXP Strand Pelletizers
Available in 4”, 6”, 8”, 12” & 16” Rotor
Rates up to 6,500 lb/hr
The AXP series strand pelletizer is simple to operate, simple to maintain, and features a compact design to optimize the use of floor space. No tools are required to open the exterior noise cover and cutting chamber of the pelletizer, or to remove the upper feedroll for general maintenance and cleaning. The AXP Pelletizer is the most versatile strand pelletizer that can process a wide range of thermoplastics, from rubber-like strands to brittle, fragile, and glass-reinforced thermoplastics. The AXP Pelletizers are designed for constant use in extreme working conditions.
The AXP Strand Pelletizers offer our customers a design with a number of advantages over the competition. The AXP series
- Uses 50% less floor space than a gearbox-driven pelletizer.
- Eliminated the gearbox and U-joints— Simplified the lower feedroll drive, which eliminated costly failures.
- Utilizes a non-motorized upper feedroll– Extends the life of the Hypalon-covered rolls. The upper feedroll is driven from contact to the lower feedroll, ensuring that both rolls of the pelletizer are always running at the same speed.
- Has a push/pull bed knife for cutting gap control—using the push/pull design allows for a more accurate control of the cutting gap than eccentric systems.
- Use of traditional ball bearings for the rotor bearings— Allows for higher RPM than spherical roller bearings.
- Large Pneumatic cylinders mounted on top of cutting chamber– 2-1/2” bore cylinders offer greater pulling force than the competition and the location opens up the front of the cutting chamber for easier cleanout and maintenance.
- Easy clean out— Tool-free entry to the cutting chamber, slide out discharge chute, eliminated hang up points, etc.
- 32 Blade Wedge Lock Rotor
- Up to 16 Blade Bolt-On-Type Rotor
- Wear Package
- 24, 48, or 60 Tooth Stellite-Tipped Rotor
- Tool Steel Rotors
- Special Bed Knife Materials
- Dual Drive with Independent Control of Feedroll Speed and Rotor Speed
- Extra Horse Power
- Special Coverings on Upper Feedroll
- Special Surfaces and Coatings on Lower Feedroll
- Custom Heights
- Custom Discharge Chute Configurations
- Work Platforms
- Water Baths
- Vacuum Strand Dryers
- Pressure Air Knifes
- Flash Off Conveyor
- Safety: A safety interlock system. There are no pinch points which can be reached with the sound hood in place.
- Cleanability: Our robust design is exceptionally rugged with its slide rail system. The use of clamps makes it easy to release the pressure without having to deal with loose hand knobs which can be damaged or lost.
- Repairable Stellite Rotors: If the rotor tooth is damaged, bent or completely broken, we can repair a single tooth or all of them. This is possible due to the proprietary welding process developed by Bay Plastics Machinery.
- Eccentric mounted bearings for lower feedroll gap settings
- four edge, solid tungsten carbide bed knife
- 32 tooth Stellite-tipped rotor
- special diamond-knurled lower feedroll
- Hypalon-covered upper feedroll
- AC variable frequency drive
|Strand Rating||1/8 in.||20||30||40||60||80|
|Std. Strand Speed||FPM||85-250||85-250||85-250||85-250||85-250|
|Type of Drive||AC Variable Frequency Inverter|
|Typical Throughput||Per Strand||80 LB (Based on 1/8” x 1/8” pellets @ 250 FPM)|
|A (Nominal Feed Width)||inches||4||6||8||12||16|
|B (Discharge Width)||inches||7||9||11||15||19|
|C (Base Width)||inches||32||32||32||36||36|
|Power Requirement (Based on single drive and standard motor HP)||FLA||8.5 (5Hp)||8.5 (5Hp)||15 (10Hp)||22 (15Hp)||32 (20Hp)|