The BX Pelletizer cuts plastic, not performance.
BX Strand Pelletizers
Available in 8”, 12”, 16″ & 20” Rotor
This strand pelletizer is simple to operate, simple to maintain, and features a robust design for heavy throughput. No tools are required to open the exterior noise cover and cutting chamber of the pelletizer, or to remove the upper feedroll for general maintenance and cleaning. The BX Pelletizer can pelletize the entire range of thermoplastics, from rubber-like strands to brittle, fragile, and glass reinforced thermoplastics. The BX Pelletizers are designed for constant use and extreme working conditions and have a heavy-gauge stainless steel construction.
The BX pelletizers offer our customers a proven design.
Advantages over the competition
- 12’ (300mm) diameter rotor.
- Eccentric rotor allows for fast and easy gap adjustment.
- Gap adjustment is made by rotating the rotor bearing housing, which in turn moves the entire rotor forward or back as needed.
- Stationary bed knife holder allows for a shorter distance between nip point of feed rolls and cutting edge. This shorter distance provides better strand control.
- Larger diameter rotor provides higher standard tooth count on rotor – increased production at lower rotor RPM.
- Standard 48 tooth stellite/(optional upgrade) standard 40 tooth carbide rotor.
- Large, adjustable stroke pneumatic cylinders mounted on top of cutting chamber– 2 1/2” bore cylinders offer greater pulling force than the competition and the location opens up the front of the cutting chamber for easier cleanout and
- Easy clean out—tool less entry to the cutting chamber, slide out discharge chute, eliminated hang up points, etc.
- Safety: A safety interlock system. There are no pinch points which can be reached with the sound hood in place.
- Clean ability: Our robust design is extremely rugged with its slide rail system. The use of clamps makes it easy to release the pressure without having to deal with loose hand knobs which can be damaged or lost.
- Repairable Stellite Rotors: If the rotor tooth is damaged, bent or completely broken out we can repair a single tooth or all of them. This is possible due to the proprietary welding process developed by Bay Plastics Machinery.
- Other Standards: Eccentric mounted bearings for lower feedroll gap settings; four edge solid tungsten carbide bed knife; 32 tooth Stellite tipped rotor; special diamond knurled lower feedroll; Hypalon covered upper feedroll; AC variable frequency drive
|Strand Rating||1/8 in.||40||60||90||115|
|Std. Strand Speed||FPM||140-330||140-330||140-330||140-330|
|Std. Motor Size||HP/kw||15 (11kw)||20 (15kw)||30 (22kw)||40 (30kw)|
|Type of Drive||AC Variable Frequency Inverter|
|A (Nom. Feed Width)||Inch/met||8” (200)||12” (300)||16” (400)||20” (508)|
|B (Base Width)||Inch/met||11.6” (295)||15.6” (397)||19.6” (498)||23.6” (600)|
|Rotor Diameter||Inch/met||12” (300)||12” (300)||12” (300)||12” (300)|
|Lower Feed Roll Dia||Inch/met||4.25” (108)||4.25” (108)||4.25” (108)||4.25” (108)|
|Upper Feed Roll Dia||Inch/met||2.25” (57)||2.25” (57)||2.25” (57)||2.25” (57)|